Monday, July 2, 2012

Seats, Luggage, and Little Texas

Our seats on the LONG flight from LAX to Frankfurt were across the aisle from each other. Allyn lucked out as the seat next to him was empty, his seat reclined really far, and the seat of the person in front of him hardly reclined at all! I, however, was not so lucky. I has a young women who worked for the US beach volleyball team next to me, my seat hardly reclined at all, and the seat of the person in front of me went way back! I actually had a hard time getting out of my seat when I got up to walk around. This was my view on the plane . . .


I had a great flight despite the lack of space and spent quite a bit of time walking around the plane or standing in the back talking with other passengers. It is amazing how a smile can overcome unfamiliarity and language barriers!

Our luggage was tagged from LAX to Bucharest. We were supposed get it there and then go through customs before rechecking it and flying to Iasi. This is what we say as we waited at the luggage carousel . . .


No luggage! That is right . . . our luggage stayed in Budapest while we went on to Bucharest! We made due with what we had in Allyn's backpack and my purse until we got our luggage Tuesday morning.

We are staying at the Little Texas Hotel in Iasi Monday and Tuesday night. The owner is an American who lives in Orange, CA and the decor is totally western . . . pictures of John Wayne on the wall along with other western memorabilia also. Our room is very large with a fantastic view of the city . . .


We had nachos and a grilled chicken salad after we checked in. Totally American food in Romania!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

sherryandbryon said...

Yay! You posted. Glad your luggage finally made it. Have a great time.