Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hogwarts?

Yesterday I mentioned that many things about the Adare Manor House reminded me of Hogwarts, the school for wizards and witches from the Harry Potter series. One reason is that there are many narrow and winding corridors; a perfect place to lose ones way trying to get from one place to another. This morning Allyn was in meetings and I had to get to the Golf Clubhouse for breakfast and then back to my room again. I was not to worried about getting out because of the many exit signs, but finding room 418 seemed like a difficult task. Here are pictures of some of the things I saw on the route I took through the corridors to get from the Reception Area to my room.


I almost expected this guy to come down of the wall and fly around the room!




I didn't see any of the figures on the pictures or tapestries move, but you never know what can happen when you turn the corner!





If it wasn't for the exit signs, electric lights, and other modern conveniences I would think I was back in the 1800's. I can easily imagine candles lighting the halls, women walking the corridors in long, swishing dresses, and fires burning in every fireplace to provide warmth.

No comments: