Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

I spent this Mother's Day weekend with Sherry, Kate, Noah, and Josh while Bryon was on his BYU MBA International Business Experience in Europe. It was fun to spend time with them and a highlight was going to the "Green Gators" soccer game on Saturday. Here are two of the cutest "Green Gators" on the team eating their snack at halftime . . .


Noah has a great understanding of the game of soccer and is now able to turn the ball as he dribbles down the field. He has scored many goals this season. Kate is a fast runner and always knows where the ball is. She is great at kicking the ball out of the group so that it can be dribbled down field. It was a great season and I am happy I was able to share a bit of it with them. Sherry is a great mother and has a great spirit in her home!

I also had the opportunity to take Josh to his first day in nursery at church. He did very well . . . no tears at all! He loved the trucks, cars, and balls. Sounds like he is all boy. By the end he was very tired, but he did great for his first week!

On Mother's Day we went to Mom and Dad's  house for dinner and all of my siblings that live in Utah were there. It was special to be with my own Mother, and pay tribute to her and the wonderful mother that she is! She has always been an example of selfless service and devotion to her family and the community she lives in. I have learned much as I have watched her throughout the years. Much of what I am I owe to her influence. This is a picture of the mothers who were with us for dinner . . .

They are Ashley Jensen, Linda Oler, Mom, Me, and Sherry.

When I arrived home on Monday night I found a nice surprise awaited me - finger paintings done by Jacob and Emily. I appreciate being able to see their artwork and having something to hang on my fridge. They are active, energetic, and independent children who are interested in everything around. Brooke does a great job as a mother as she gives them many opportunities to learn and have new experiences. 














A special thanks to all of my children for the nice Mother's Day cards, kind words, and thoughtful gifts. I appreciate the opportunity to be your mother and the things I have learned so far through that experience. I remember vividly the first time I looked in each of your eyes and the love that filled my heart. I have felt that love returned from you many times through the years. I am grateful that the ties that bind us as family continue throughout the eternities. I love you all . . .


A mother's heart is a  patchwork of love.  
-Author Unknown



2 comments:

sherryandbryon said...

thanks mom... i love you!

Brooke said...

That's sweet, and I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day. We love you!